- AlterNet – first launched in 1998, this online mag provides a mix of news, opinion and investigative journalism on subjects ranging from the environment, the drug war, technology and cultural trends to policy debate, sexual politics and health issues.
- BuzzFlash – news from the nation and around the world, casting a hard, angry eye upon the actions of the administration and the GOP; a one-stop news source with breaking news and commentary.
- Center for Media and Democracy – dedicated to investigative reporting on the public relations industry; serves citizens, journalists and researchers seeking to recognize and combat manipulative and misleading PR practices.
- Center for Public Integrity – provides the American public with the findings of its investigations and analyses of public service, government accountability, and ethics-related issues via books, reports, and newsletters.
- Climate Debate Daily – one of the top climate sites on the Internet.
- CommonDreams – a premier progressive news site.
- Constitution Of The Bolivarian Republic Of Venezuela [pdf]
- Counterpunch.org – a bi-weekly muckraking newsletter edited by Alexander Cockburn and Jeffrey St. Clair which features stories corporate press never prints.
- The Crisis Papers – an anthology of political opinion and commentary from the progressive Internet (Ernest Partridge, Ph.D, and Bernard Weiner, Ph.D, Editors).
- Daily Kos – highly visited blog that discusses pertinent political issues of the day.
- The Democracy Center – advances human rights through a unique combination of investigation and reporting, training citizens in the art of public advocacy, and organizing international citizen campaigns.
- Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting – an absolutely indispensable resource in these days of news-fluff and infotainment.
- Felliniana.com – a treasure house of all things Fellini hosted by Don Young of Ft. Worth, TX.
- Gangs of America: The Rise of Corporate Power and the Disabling of Democracy [pdf]
- Global Research Canada – based in Montréal, publishes news articles, commentary, background research, and analysis on a broad range of issues, focusing on the interrelationship between social, economic, strategic, geopolitical and environmental processes.
- GreetingsWithHeart.com – Viktoria Vidali’s transformative art and elegant greeting cards.
- GregPalast.com – probably the best American investigative journalist today; broke the Florida 2000 election fraud story; authored The Best Democracy Money Can Buy.
- The Huffington Post – combines a breaking news section with an innovative group blog where some of the country’s most creative minds weigh in on topics great and small, political and cultural, important or just plain entertaining.
- The Independent of London – excellent UK newspaper covering England and the world.
- Information Clearing House – an alternative independent non-commercial source for news, information and insight created by Tom Feeley in response to personal frustration and anger at the failure of traditional commercial media to accurately report news, especially as it relates to U.S. foreign policy; you can sign up here to receive a Daily Email News Digest.
- MediaMatters.org – provides comprehensive media analysis and monitoring to identify conservative misinformation; tracks and demands swift correction of conservative media misinformation on major current political issues, with the goal of discouraging responsible news outlets from giving it credence.
- MotherJones – and resources for the skeptical citizen; one of the more extraordinary progressive news and opinion sources on the Internet.
- ImagesForRenewal – a weblog of poetry, photography, and fine writing to nurture the soul.